Video Game Policies
Video Game Selection Policy
The Dickinson Area Public Library is pleased to introduce video games to our collection.
The Dickinson Area Public Library has video games with the following ratings as established by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board):
- EC (Early Childhood) – suitable for children 3 years and older
- E (Everyone) – suitable for ages 6 and older
- E10+ (Everyone) – suitable for ages 10 and older
- T (Teen) – suitable for ages 13 and older
- M (Mature) – suitable for ages 17 and older
- The Library does not carry video games given the rating of AO (Adults Only).
All materials in the collection were selected based on ratings and feedback from professional sources as well the community. We welcome suggestions for items we do not have, and are open the possibility of expanding the collection in the future. We ARE accepting donations.
Borrowing Rules and Fees
- Video games may be checked out for 14 days with an ADULT card only.
- 1 video game may be checked out at a time.
- Late fees for video games are $1.00 per day per game.
- The patron is responsible for returning video games in good condition.
- In the event of loss, theft or damage, the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the video game.
- Video games may not be renewed.
- Video games may be returned in the book drop.
- The Dickinson Area Public Library assumes no responsibility for damage caused to a patron’s equipment by the Library’s video games.
The Dickinson Area Public Library does NOT provide any gaming systems or accessories. The patron must provide their own gaming system and accessories.
Adopted September 8, 2015
Dickinson Area Public Library Board